Monday, June 25, 2012

Once Upon a Time




Years past
Young man, brown eyes, brown hair
Tall and handsome
You caught my attention

Time passes
Your gentleness, openness
Authenticity
You won my admiration

Your heart for God
You captured my heart

Infatuation grows to love
Love grows to commitment
Marriage begins
We become one

Learning to love
Leaving familiar
Excitement and wonder

Our Son
Oh the joy!
Tiny hands, dark eyes, dark hair
Watching you become Daddy

Family
Love grows

Arguments and walls
Forgiveness and maturity
Commitment grows

Virginia home
Church family
Ministry

Our daughter
Overwhelming joy!
Tiny feet, brown eyes, blonde hair
Daddy’s baby girl
Beautiful

Loving, living
Moments of pain
Of grief, heartache, loneliness
Lifetime of joy
Laughter, companionship, and adventure

Our daughter
Surprised and joy-full!
Waiting…Black eyes, black hair
Baba and baby
Grateful

Time marches
Giving, loving
Grief, pain
Living

Our daughter
Chosen by our son
Beauty and grace, brown eyes, black hair
Watching and learning from you
Blessed again with joy

Changes
Leaving
New vision, new place
Precious, peaceful
Loving and being loved

Growth
Fulfill calling, inner peace
Pastor, Elder
Hope, encourage, love

My husband
My friend, my love
My mentor, coach, counselor
Pastor, provider
My hero

Gene,
I am so grateful for you. God has blessed us far beyond our ability to imagine. I will thank God for you as long as there is breath in me.
I love you forever!
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Kat,

    I love you very much. You are the best! I am greatly blessed by God to be your husband.

    Gene

    ReplyDelete