Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feels like time for Spiced Tea

When there is a chill in the air it is time to make Spiced Tea. I love the way it make the house smell and all the memories the smell provokes. 
When Gene and I were in Seminary, at least a hundred years ago,  we met some dear friends, Jim and Nan Haines. This amazing family taught us so much in the short time we had to spend with them. One of which was this spiced tea recipe. I am so grateful for that because it always reminds me of them and all the wonderful things that they taught us. But also because I have had the opportunity to make it a part of our family to share spiced tea and wisdom with with other friends as God has brought them into our life.
This takes a little more time than the instant version, but believe me... it is worth it! So make this and start your own family tradition of spiced tea, friends, and memories.


3 quarts of water
2 cups of sugar
5 cinnamon sticks
20 cloves

Stir and Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add 5 individual sized tea bags (I use decaf so I can have it late at night too.)

Simmer 15-20 minutes.

Remove tea bags, cinn. sticks, and tea bags.

Add 
2 cups Orange Juice
1/2 cup lemon juice

Stir and enjoy the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment