Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Have



I have known the pain of abuse
I have felt the fear of being alone, even in a crowd
I have known the sadness of being different, of being misunderstood
I have felt what it means to be poor
I have known the anguish of being told there would probably be no children from my womb
I have felt the pain of being betrayed
I have known physical pain and the emotional pain of no diagnosis, no cure
I have felt helpless as I have watched others suffer and grieve

I have known the unconditional love of my husband
I have felt the joy of my children’s births and adoption and entering my life through marriage to my son
I have known the unbelievable, amazing delight of being called mommy and mom
I have felt the unexplainable desire to see someone else succeed even if it means that I lose
I have known what it is to have many friends
I have felt accepted and cared for
I have known the excitement of seeing new places, people, and cultures
I have felt the love of a church family
I have known what it is to have more than I need
I have felt what it is to have friends that I could not fathom my life without
I have known what it is to love deeply people that I rarely see, that live in different states and countries.

I have known the Indescribable love of the Father
I have felt the love that drew me, separated me, died and rose again for me, chose, adopted, redeemed and sealed me for eternity.

That in all these things, I, Kat Cornett would be to the Praise of His Glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment