Friday, December 23, 2016

Five Things I Love About Christmas


Part 2: Baking




I always make time during the Christmas holidays for baking. I love the smell of cinnamon, cloves, oranges, lemons, sugar cookies, breads, and the pot of spiced tea that sits on the stove.

I love the together time with my children. Although it is just me and Noelle now, her love for baking is infectious. I’m fairly sure that part of her love for baking originates from memories making snowmen, wreathes, snowflake and gingerbread men cookies with me and her other siblings. Or maybe it’s the laughter, the tasting, the flour fights and being all together in the kitchen with her family. For both Noelle and me it is thinking and naming the family and friends that will get to eat all the things we make.

Baking is a traditional Christmas activity that brings thoughts and memories of fun family times that I will always treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment